CREATIVE CHALLENGE : TWIRLING INTO SPRING
Capture the joy of Spring as your child dances in her Charlotte sy Dimby dress and get a chance to win an impressionistic painting valued at $3000. Contest running until the 15th of May.
"Dancing is a poem in which every movement is a word"
Enchanted by the success of the past two contests : Tea Party & Princess and Posies, we wished to renew the experience. As Spring begins and flowers start to bloom, our hearts and toes feel ready to twirl in tune with nature’s reawakening! We invite you to join the dance.
Winner’s gift :
The winner’s portrait painted by Shari Ford valued at $3000 will be 11” x 14” or a comparable size, depending on the composition of the picture.
The top five photos will also have the chance to be featured on the Charlotte sy Dimby journal.
Time frame :
The contest runs until the 15th of May 2022.
Step by step subscription process :
1. Dress your child in her favorite Charlotte sy Dimby dress. It can be a dress from this Spring collection or a former one. It can also be a dress from our collaboration with Bows & Blue (see here).
2. Choose a beautiful location, it could be a flower garden, a park or indoors.
3. Play music and show videos or photos of graceful dancers with their arms outstretched to inspire your little one!
4. Take many photos to capture just the right pose! Don’t hesitate to ask Shari and Charlotte sy Dimby for advice on which one to submit. You can contact us on Instagram or by email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please picture only one child per photo. You can however submit several if you have more than one child.
5. Write a few sentences or a short paragraph in your caption about how your child will ‘dance into Spring’. What brings her joy about this new season? How will you celebrate it? You can also write about your child’s love for dance.
6. Submit your photo and text by posting it on Instagram.
7. Tag and follow @sharifordportraits and @charlotte_sy_dimby
8. Tag 3 mums who do not yet follow us but could be interested in our world! It’s a way to spread the joy.
9. Add the hastag #twirlingintospring
10. Most of all, enjoy the process and have fun with your child!
If you do not have an Instagram account, you can subscribe by email. Please send your photo and caption to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Photography tips :
The quality of the photo is very important.
* Pictures can be taken indoors or outdoors.
* Profile pictures are often best but it does not have to be.
*Photos should be taken with a camera, preferably with a telephoto or portrait lens to reduce distortion and improve image quality.
* Stand as far away as possible, zooming in to get the shot. Don’t worry about capturing your child's face. Don’t encourage her to look at the camera.
* Ideal lighting is late afternoon or just inside a doorway or large window.
* Professional photos are accepted with the permission of the photographer, who will receive recognition for their work. You can also ask a friend with a good eye for photos.
For tips on how to best photography your child watch our videos
Please feel free to share about the challenge with all your friends and family.
“Happiness held is the seed, happiness shared is the flower.”
Leave a comment